The Crystal Coast, also known as the southern Outer Banks, spans 85 miles along North Carolina’s coast. This region encompasses the entire area along the Bogue Banks, a barrier island that stretches for more than 20 miles. Known for its pristine waters and white sand beaches, the Crystal Coast is a popular family beach destination.
Start planning your vacation now and choose from hundreds of Crystal Coast vacation rentals.
EXPLORE NC’S CRYSTAL COAST
Whether you’re planning a family vacation or a romantic weekend getaway, you’ll find everything you need and more at the Crystal Coast. From the southern beaches of Emerald Isle and Swansboro to the northern beaches of Harker’s Island and Beaufort, explore the different beach communities along North Carolina’s Crystal Coast to see what fun awaits you.
Visitors and locals alike enjoy the abundance of outdoor activities along the Crystal Coast including kayaking, boating, fishing, paddle boarding, scuba diving and more. Nature lovers will be delighted with the areas many parks and museums.
Explore a vast array of local restaurants serving fresh seafood and just about anything your taste buds desire; from family style waterfront restaurants to the finest gourmet restaurants. You’ll find something for everyone on NC’s Crystal Coast.
Things to Do on the Crystal Coast
In addition to the beaches, the Crystal Coast offers a variety of attractions and things to do that are fun for the whole family. No matter what you add to your vacation itinerary, you’re sure to have fun and make memories that will last a lifetime.
- North Carolina Maritime Museum in Beaufort
- North Carolina Aquarium at Pine Knolls Shores
- Fort Macon State Park in Atlantic Beach
- Bogue Inlet Fishing Pier in Emerald Isle
- Top 10 Reasons to Visit Emerald Isle
- Cape Lookout Lighthouse and National Seashore in Harker’s Island
- Blackbeard and the Crystal Coast
Crystal Coast Events & Festivals
Discover festivals and events on North Carolina’s Crystal Coast for every season. From food to music to arts and crafts and more, these annual festivals offer a variety of fun-filled activities for young and old alike.
- Beaufort Food & Wine Festival (April)
- Beaufort Homes and Gardens Tour (June)
- Emerald Isle 4th of July Fireworks (July)
- Big Rock Blue Marlin Tournament (October)
- NC Seafood Festival (October)
Crystal Coast Map