Beach Wedding Checklist
Use our beach wedding checklist when planning your wedding in Emerald Isle, NC.
Click here to download and print the beach wedding checklist.
12 Months Before
- Figure out budget
- Start shopping for a wedding dress
- Choose your bridal party
- Create a guest list
- Send out save-the-dates
- Book wedding venue and rehearsal time
9 Months Before
- Research and book wedding planners and/or wedding packages
- Research and book main wedding vendors:
- Research and book honeymoon location
- Order wedding gown
6 Months Before
- Dress fitting
- Choose shoes and accessories
- Order bridesmaids dresses
- Order wedding rings
- Confirm bridal shower and bachelor/bachelorette party dates
- Pick out wedding invitations
- Book rehearsal dinner
- Reserve rental equipment (tables, chairs, tents)
- Research wedding cake designs and bakers
3 Months Before
- Finalize guest list and send out invitations
- Get marriage license
- Start registry
- Book beautician and hair stylist
- Order wedding favors and bridal party gifts
- Finalize music for ceremony and reception
- Order groomsmen tuxes
- Finalize wedding day transportation
1 Month Before
- Final dress fitting
- Re-confirm arrangements with main services
- Write wedding speeches
- Create photo and video shot list
- Finalize seating plan
- Pick up wedding rings
- Bachelor/bachelorette party
1 Week Before
- Finalize wedding day schedule
- Confirm honeymoon arrangements
- Prepare place cards and menu cards for reception
- Prepare payment for vendor services (include tips)
- Pack for overnight stay and honeymoon
- Wedding rehearsal
- Beauty appointments
- Send thank you cards
- Clean dress
- Finalize photo album and video
- Change name on documents
Thanks for viewing our destination wedding planning checklist. View our full-service wedding planning packages for help on your big day!
- Both applicants should be present when applying for a marriage license.
- Picture ID is required, for example a Driver’s License or certified copy of Birth Certificate.
- Each person is required to present his/her Social Security card or proof of his/her Social Security number, i.e. W-2 form, payroll stub, or a statement from the Social Security Office stating his/her Social Security number.
- The marriage license is only valid for 60 days from the date that it’s issued.
- The office hours for most County Register of Deeds offices are 8-5 p.m. To insure that issuance is completed by the 5 p.m. closing time, applicants should be in the office no later than 4 p.m. or call the office in advance.