Voted #1 Favorite Small Town in 2014 by Travel + Leisure readers!
Beaufort, North Carolina – about 20 miles from Emerald Isle – is one of the Crystal Coast’s most popular towns due to its unique charm and history. It was also named one of America’s Coolest Small Towns in 2012 by Budget Travel voters!
EXPLORE BEAUFORT, NC
The third-oldest town in the state, Beaufort, NC, is known for its rich maritime history which dates back 300 years. With its amazing waterfront views, historic homes, great fishing and an interesting past, it’s easy to see why visitors are so drawn to this picturesque area.
Things to Do in Beaufort
Beaufort is a must-see and will add many unique experiences to your coastal adventure.
- North Carolina Maritime Museum
- Beaufort Historic Site
- Mattie King Davis Art Gallery
- Rachel Carson Reserve
- Out & About in Beaufort
- Blackbeard and the Crystal Coast
Beaufort Events & Festivals
Beaufort, NC, also features many festivals and events that are fun for all ages.
- Beaufort Food & Wine Festival (April)
- Beaufort Wooden Boat Show (May)
- Beaufort Music Festival (May)
- Beaufort Homes and Gardens Tour (June)
- Coastal Carolina Christmas Walk (December)