Join us for the new, expanded, reimagined Taste of Core Sound. The Core Sound Waterfowl Museum and Heritage Center in Harker’s Island hosts two annual events each year, one in the summer and one in the winter. Each event features a savory local seafood dinner that celebrates Core Sound food traditions cooked by Down East volunteers, in addition to a silent auction, music and entertainment.
Come and enjoy the delicious food, great company and wonderful atmosphere!
Winter Taste of Core Sound: Back Home Again
- Guest Speaker: Dr. Stan Rule will be sharing his research on the hunting camps of Core Banks.
“Hunting Camps of the Banks & Stories from the People Who Loved Them”
- Live Auction benefitting the Redhead Society, Core Sound’s Education Fund
- Silent Auction: Area artists, photographers and carvers, along with local businesses, are donating to the silent auction for our Home Again Winter Taste.
Special menu update:
In celebration of the Bay Scallop Season we will be serving fresh local scallops — a treasured reminder of what Harkers Island was “back in the day” when scallop-houses were alive with women shucking all day and all night!
- Oysters on the Half-Shell provided by Core Sound Oyster Company
- Smith Family Hot Crab Dip
- Stewed Oysters by the Core Sound Chow-Down’s 2022 Winner – Sara Lee Willis
- Fresh Bay Scallops
- Seafood Casserole
- Wild Game cooked to perfection
- Pork Tenderloin – Ocracoke Style
- Collards, Sweet Potatoes, Squash Casserole, Hancock Salad
- Light Rolls
- Harkers Island Lemon Milk Pie
Seating is family style and limited.
Limited tickets are available for the Winter Taste of Core Sound. Tickets may be purchased by calling (252) 728-1500 or emailing email@example.com.