Swansboro, NC, known as the “Friendly City by the Sea,” is located only 5 miles from Emerald Isle.This waterfront town was founded in 1783 and sits along the Water Oak River and Intracoastal Waterway, offering visitors beautiful waterfront views and a charming atmosphere.
EXPLORE SWANSBORO, NC
As a thriving town on the Crystal Coast, Swansboro, has been able to retain the quiet character of a picturesque colonial port, while developing its successful fishing and tourist industries. Visitors to Swansboro, North Carolina, will enjoy the shopping, dining, beaches, kayaking and waterfront views found around virtually every corner.
Things to Do in Swansboro
A huge draw to the area is Swansboro’s historic downtown district where you’ll find a bustling area filled with shops, art galleries, boutiques and waterside parks. In the evenings take a stroll down the boardwalk at Bicentennial Park or enjoy a unique dining experience at one of the many delicious waterfront restaurants or bistros.
- Hammocks Beach State Park and Bear Island
- Waterfront dining
- Tidewater Gallery
- Antique shops such as Swansboro Antique Center and Pier 58 Outlet
- Fishing Charters including Hall’em In Charters, Nancy Lee Fishing Charters and Sandbar Safari Sport Fishing
- Out & About in Swansboro NC
Swansboro Events & Festivals
Swansboro is also known for its annual festivals and events, which offer even more family fun and entertainment for locals and visitors alike.
- Swansboro Arts by the Sea Festival (June)
- Mullet Festival (October)
- Swansboro Rotary King Mackerel Bluewater Tournament (October)
- Christmas Flotilla (November)
- Swansboro by Candlelight (November)